What's On

Thursday, May 31, 2018

The 'rock star' lifestyle (we poke fun at lyrics)


Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (C 197) – Frontansicht geöffnet, 10. August 2011, Düsseldorf.jpg


Fair use (in US copyright law) the doctrine that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.

Post Malone "Rock Star" 

Ayy, I've been fuckin' hoes and poppin' pillies
(The ‘rock star’ life is having tons of sex and doing tons of drugs?)
Man, I feel just like a rockstar (star)
(Writing good music, having a loyal fan base is just bullshit in comparison.)
Ayy, ayy, all my brothers got that gas
And they always be smokin' like a Rasta
(Constantly being high, not remembering anything and just sleeping with random ‘hoes’. The ‘rock star’ life is pretty awful when you really think about it.)
Fuckin' with me, call up on a Uzi
And show up, man them the shottas
(Do you ‘English’? Secondly, overreact much? You can handle any situation without resulting in violence. Why do people feel the need to brag about how ‘tough’ they are in songs?)
When my homies pull up on your block
They make that thing go grrra-ta-ta-ta (pow, pow, pow)
(And the police will pull up like Wee ooh wee ooh wee.)
Ayy, ayy, switch my whip, came back in black
(I traded in my new Mercedes for another new Mercedes because why not?)
I'm startin' sayin', "Rest in peace to Bon Scott"
(FYI: Ben Scott died of alcohol intoxication.)
Ayy, close that door, we blowin' smoke
(Nope, open that shit up. It’s getting way too stuffy in here.)
She ask me light a fire like I'm Morrison
(The Doors are way too cool for you to reference here.)
Ayy, act a fool on stage
(You act a fool on stage, off stage. The real question is when are you going to act goddamn civil for once?)
Prolly leave my fuckin' show in a cop car
(I would, the moment you start acting a ‘fool’ is my que to leave.)
Ayy, shit was legendary
(Acting a ‘fool’ and showing up in cop cars is not legendary, it’s just stupid man!)
Threw a TV out the window of the Montage
(Why would you do this? I get living the ‘rock star’ life is about living fast and wreck-less. But at some point we all have to grow up and act responsible.)
Cocaine on the table, liquor pourin', don't give a damn
(Nope, and throwing TVs out the window and acting a ‘fool’ because ‘rock star’.)
Dude, your girlfriend is a groupie, she just tryna get in
(So, you’re basically saying his girlfriend is a ‘hoe’ that you want to sleep with?)
Sayin', "I'm with the band"
(Anyone will say anything for ‘fame’.)  
Ayy, ayy, now she actin' outta pocket
(Nope, she’s just acting like you to ‘fit’ in.)
Tryna grab up from my pants
(So, she’s trying to use you to get what she wants?)
Hundred bitches in my trailer say they ain't got a man
(Well, if they had a man they wouldn’t be in a trailer ‘with you’ is all I’m saying.)
And they all brought a friend
(No ‘good’ friend would bring someone to an event like this.)
Yeah, ayy
(Shut up!)
Ayy, I've been fuckin' hoes and poppin' pillies
Man, I feel just like a rockstar (star)
Ayy, ayy, all my brothers got that gas
And they always be smokin' like a Rasta
Fuckin' with me, call up on a Uzi
And show up, man them the shottas
When my homies pull up on your block
They make that thing go grrra-ta-ta-ta (pow, pow, pow)
(You should feel like a dumb ass. I see nothing appealing about the ‘rock star lifestyle’. It’s just being stupid, wreck-less and completely irresponsible to one’s self and everyone around you.)
I've been in the Hills fuckin' superstars
(You’re calling other people ‘hoes’?)
Feelin' like a pop star (21, 21, 21)
(Why is it so appealing to live a wreck-less life, with no regard to one’s self?)
Drankin' Henny, bad bitches jumpin' in the pool
(Drinking alcohol and swimming don’t mix well at all.)
And they ain't got on no bra
(No bra, getting drunk and swimming? I can’t possibly see this won’t end well?)
Hit her from the back, pullin' on her tracks
(You’re having sex, drinking and swimming? There’s way too much going on here.)
And now she screamin' out, "no más" (yeah, yeah, yeah)
(That doesn’t sound appealing in any way shape or form.)
They like, "Savage, why you got a 12 car garage
And you only got 6 cars?" (21)
(Yeah, why do you have a twelve car garage? I honestly don’t really care but, please muse me with your response.)
I ain't with the cakin', how you kiss that? (kiss that?)
(What in the fuck does this even mean? Also, what the fuck does this have to do with the previous question?)
Your wifey say I'm lookin' like a whole snack (big snack)
(You’re fat shaming her? She looks like a ‘big snack’? Who says that?)
Green hundreds in my safe, I got old racks (old racks)
(You won’t have shit in the bank by the time you turn forty. Wait, that was too generous. I’ll give you till thrity-five.)
L.A. bitches always askin' where the coke at
(Yeah, ‘bitches’ that do ‘coke’ will certainly ask that question.)
Livin' like a rockstar, smash out on a cop car
(You’ll be arriving at jail like Wee ooh wee ooh wee.)
Sweeter than a Pop-Tart, you know you are not hard
(So, doing drugs and acting like dumb ass makes you look tougher?)
I done made the hot chart, 'member I used to trap hard
(I can’t imagine anyone finding this song appeasing to listen to.)
Livin' like a rockstar, I'm livin' like a rockstar
Ayy, I've been fuckin' hoes and poppin' pillies
Man, I feel just like a rockstar (star)
Ayy, ayy, all my brothers got that gas
And they always be smokin' like a Rasta
Fuckin' with me, call up on a Uzi
And show up, man them the shottas
When my homies pull up on your block
They make that thing go grrra-ta-ta-ta (pow, pow, pow)
(It took six people to write this song, let that sink in for a second.)  


Overall: Don’t do drugs! 

No comments: