What's On

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Answering car questions




We decided to respond to car questions found on the internet.

What is the purpose of an automobile clutch pedal?
What happens when you push on the clutch pedal? Explain it in the most simplist way as possible.

Cars with a clutch pedal (three-pedal layout) are manual transmission cars. The Clutch pedal is simply there to allow you to shift between gears. Most modern cars you have to depress the clutch pedal before turning on the engine.

Car Dealer Question?
Can a car dealership purposely sell you a car knowing there would be financial repercussions without telling you beforehand?

A car dealership will try to sell you a car regardless if you can or can't afford it. I strongly suggest doing your homework before going into a car dealership and know exactly what you can and can't afford. You don't want to put yourself in a financial crunch paying for a car that you cannot afford. A car dealership will hype the car up because they want the sale and want you to pay the most as possible because the more money you spend the more profits they make in return. Yes, they will make the car look lavish and awesome until the first payment is due.

Im buying my first car tomorrow?
I’m 18 years old & tomorrow I will be buying my first car by myself with my own money. I don’t have any support from my parents & they told me that they didn’t want to come with me so I have to go through this all by myself even though I wanted them there. I’m having a friend of mine drive me to the dealership & I have no idea what I should bring or how this will all go down. I’m also paying for the car in cash. Can anyone explain the process step by step for me? Thank you.

Listen to me when I say this. Do not! I repeat do not go to a dealership by yourself! Car dealerships love consumers such as yourself who has no clue about buying a car. They will take advantage of your lack of knowledge and put you in a auto loan that you can't afford. I strongly suggest taking someone who has experience buying a car and knows exactly what you should and shouldn't buy. Also, someone that knows if you're being taken advantage of. Buying a car is a huge responsibility, so take someone who can give you tips and guide you through the car buying experience.


IS it possible to import a Mercedes X class into the US?
With the X Class being Mercedes first ever true pickup, selling to the US seems like an option. Though due to the workings of the pickup truck market in the US, as well as what Mercedes is known as in the US vs. the rest of the world, Mercedes doesn t see the US market as being worth the time. But despite this, some Americans might find the X class to be appealing. So With that, is there any possible way to import an X Class to the US?

I agree with you. It would make a lot of sense if Mercedes sold the X-Class here along with the commercial vans they sell. However, I strongly suspect that the reason Mercedes isn't going to sell the X-Class here has to do with the simple fact that it would cost a lot of money to make it street legal here in the U.S. Also, the X-Class would be far too expensive compared to the Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram pickups that dominate U.S. sales. Lincoln tried to sell a 'luxury pickup' and failed miserably.


You are buying a new car.you have to choose transmission (automatic or manual),color (red,blue or white) and body style (Suv,hatch batch or?

I'll answer this question as if I were getting ready to buy a new car today. I would choose a Kia Sportage EX. It only comes with an automatic gearbox. Color, I'd choose blue. Body style, well it's an SUV of course.


Why is 2014 3X more expensive than 2012?
I found a 2012 MB S-class for $10k but can't find a 2014 S-class for less than $30k. Why are they so expensive??

The cheapest BMW X3 I found was $11K and the most expensive going as high as $23k. BMW tends to hold onto their value a lot better than Mercedes. However, I strongly suggest if you are considering an X3 to go for the more basic version. BMW tends to shove a ton of technology into their vehicles like Mercedes. The more tech the more prone to reliability issues you'll have, and the higher your repair bills are going to be. The Mercedes S-class has dreadful resale value because most tend to get rid of them after the lease is up and buy another one. Luxury cars tend to fall apart after warranty because of all the tech that's shoved in them and most (not all) tend to not really take care of them.

Should I sell my car now?
I have a nissan Alt 150,000 miles and I honestly want a Nissan 370Z. Some of my friends are saying sell my car now for the 370 but I’m thinking I should just wait till my car breaks down then get it.

Sell now!! Get rid of the car while it still working and you'll able to get something back from it if you are trading in at a dealership. You'll make more money selling yourself privately. However, don't wait until it breaks down. It will be harder to get rid of the car and you'll get far less for it in terms of value.

BMW or Mercedes and why?
I like BMW because aesthetically and performance wise it is closer to a spy mobile then a Mercedes which seems more like a limousine to me.

I'd go with BMW (3-series touring) over Mercedes. I honestly think the 3-series touring is the best BMW they have in their range and it's sad that they won't be selling them here in the U.S. after 2019. The 3-series touring is sporty to drive. It has a roomy interior and is all the car you'll ever need without compromising to an SUV or sedan. I like Mercedes products but they've never been eye appealing to me, and also they tend to be very problematic.

I need to get car repod. I plan on buying a car 3 weeks after the repo . Do i have to be worried? Im 20 btw.?

I don't think you understand the severity of getting your car repoed. When your car is repoed, the bank sells the car at an auction and you're stuck paying the remaining balance. Not only are you left with the balance but you are also left with a huge negative impact on your credit score. They (banks) will see this on your credit history and not want to give you an auto loan, or if they do it will be very high interest rates. I strongly suggest sitting down and figuring out your financial situation first and see ways that you can get out of your lease or loan to avoid repo.

No comments: