What's On

Friday, April 5, 2013

50 GREATEST BAD RELIGION SONGS EVER: Part IV

Felipe M

Admittedly, we've done a terrible job in updating our music portion of this site.  We even abandoned the Bad Religion project that was supposed to list the Top 50 Songs of all time by the band.  

So in honor of Bad Religion playing tonight in Chicago (with Polar Bear Club and whatever 3rd band they were able to find.  Last I checked it was The Bronx), we will list the next songs on the list without explanations or personal thoughts:


No.
Song
Album
Year
Writer
21
Sanity
No Control
1989
Gurewitz
22
Cyanide
The Dissent of Man
2010
Gurewitz
23
Kerosene
Recipe for Hate
1993
Gurewitz
24
Better Off Dead
Stranger than Fiction
1994
Gurewitz
25
Prodigal Son
New Maps of Hell
2007
Gurewitz
26
Pity
How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
1981
Graffin
27
Live Again-The Fall of Man
The Empire Strikes First
2004
Graffin
28
Hooray for Me
Stranger than Fiction
1994
Gurewitz
29
Only Rain
The Dissent of Man
2010
Gurewitz
30
Yesterday
Back to the Known
1985
Graffin
31
I Want to Conquer the World
No Control
1989
Gurewitz
32
Infected
Stranger than Fiction
1994
Gurewitz
33
New Dark Ages
New Maps of Hell
2007
Gurewitz
34
Heaven is Falling
Generator
1992
Gurewitz
35
Walk Away
Against the Grain
1990
Gurewitz
  
Go look them up!

What I will do is just quickly point out my favorite lyrics of the songs that were listed and try turn them into easy-to-use quotes to show off to your friends and family.  So here we go: 

  • "Walk Away": "Listen well to what I say; now there comes a time for a man to walk away."
  • "Heaven is Falling": "God I want to be a man, but I don't want to die with a rifle in my hand."
  • "New Dark Ages": "Beyond all hope of light...A pall of truth and reason."
  • "Infected": "You and me were made in heaven.  I want to take, break, and supplicate you with thorny roses."
  • "I Want to Conquer the World": "Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand!  Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
  • "Yesterday": Yesterday: the good old days, the way we used to play, it just got worse and worse, and the future's been rehearsed."
  • "Only Rain": Hey scientist, please save us because your counterpart in the magic art is manufacturing judgment day."
  • "Hooray for Me": "Can you imagine, for a second, doing anything just because you want to?  Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me!"
  • "Live Again--The Fall of Man": "What good is something if you can't have it until you die?"
  • "Pity": "I pity the billions of people, masses of aggression, and future centuries to come."
  • "Prodigal Son": "When you least expect it he's going to run like the blood-red path of the western sun."
  • "Better off Dead": "If you're looking for a patsy, why not try the entire human race?"
  • "Kerosene": "Exposure is a pitiful and pointless way of dying, but before it gets me I'll build a funeral pyre."
  • "Cyanide": "Well, there's no place left to hide from the loneliness inside and missing you is like kissing cyanide."
  • "Sanity": "It doesn't really matter what I'm figuring out.  I'm guaranteed to wind up in a state of doubt."
Will probably disclose the top 20 after I watch tonight's show.  That is to say, if I can make it to tonight's show as I'm severely sick today, but will try anyway.  Hope everybody has a good time.


To check out the rest of our music page, click here

No comments: